- 4 slices (800 g) top quality organic beef
- 400 g Jerusalem artichokes
- 500 g butter
- 3 banana challot onions
- 100 ml white wine vinegar
- 100 ml sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1 leek
- 100 g green cabbage
- 2 twigs fresh tarragon
- Salt and black pepper
How to do it
- Peel and cook the Jerusalem artichokes in all of the butter in a pot on medium heat until they are golden and soft without breaking apart when you touch them.
- Save the butter to cook with.
- Heat up a pan to cook the meat in. Brush the meat with butter from the artichokes. Gently season with salt and pepper and fry until medium rare.
- Allow the meat to rest at least 10 minutes before serving.
- In a pot gently heat up white wine vinegar, sugar and water until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Slice the challots thin and add them to the warm solution.
- Break the leek and the cabbage into rough looking pieces using your hands, and fry in butter from the Jerusalem artichokes with fresh tarragon. Salt to taste.
This recipe was made as part of the Kristianstad episode.