- 250 ml plain flour
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 300 ml beer (a lager is best)
- 500 ml oil, for frying
- 12-16 large langoustine tails
- 4 spring onions
How to do it
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add melted butter and stir. Add beer and stir until you reach a texture similar to wet paint.
- Peel the langoustines and cut the spring onions in half.
- Dip the langoustines in the beer batter and fry to a golden crisp in hot oil at 165-170C. Do the same thing with the spring onions.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was made in the Faroe Islands episode.