- 800 g fresh cod loin, with skin on
- 200 g browned butter
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 75 g butter
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 100 ml water
- 100 ml sugar
- 1 cucumber
- 200 ml fresh rose pedals
- For garnish – mustard flowers
How to do it
- To make browned butter, place 200 g butter in a small pot and melt on low heat until golden.
- It should take at least 15 minutes. If you melt the butter too fast the butter will burn instead of becoming golden and caramelized.
- Cook the cauliflower in water until it is soft.
- Mix the cauliflower in a blender with 75 g butter until you get a very smooth purée. Season with salt to taste.
- Mix vinegar, water and sugar in a bowl.
- Peel and slice the cucumber into very thin, long slices.
- Put the slices and the rose petals in the mixture and leave for 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut the cod into smaller pieces.
- Brush the skin with browned butter.
- Heat up a frying pan and throw some flaky salt in the pan.
- Place the cod skin down in the pan.
- Fry until golden, then turn the heat down and add two tbsp. butter.
- Baste the fish with the butter using a spoon until the fish is golden and just cooked.
- Serve the fish with hot browned butter, cauliflower purée, pickled cucumber and mustard flowers.
This recipe was made as part of the Nordjylland episode.