- 800g cod loin with skin
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1kg blue mussels
- 3 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 leaves of lovage
- 1 tbsp butter + 50g for the sauce
- 200 ml dry white wine
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 spring onions
- 1 liter fresh spinach
- ½ clove garlic
- Pinch of salt
How to do it
- Cut the cod in big serving sizes.
- Brush the skin with oil and season with salt.
- Place the cod on a hot barbeque, skin down, and cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until done.
- Cut the spring onion in half, season with salt and grill these as well.
- Peel and chop the shallots and garlic.
- Heat up a pot and cook the onions and the garlic in butter for 30 seconds.
- Add salt, lovage, blue mussels and finally, the white wine.
- Put a lid on the pot and cook for 5-6 minutes at high heat until the mussels open up.
- Stir around in the pot one or two times during this cooking process.
- Save the cooked mussels for serving and pass the broth through a fine strainer.
- Reduce the broth a little and mix it in a blender with 50 g butter to a foamy sauce. Season it with salt.
- In a hot frying pan, quickly cook the spinach in butter with a small amount of garlic.
- Season it with salt.
This recipe was made as part of the Åland – Part 2 episode.