- 4 breast fillets of Goldeneye (you may also use duck or pheasant)
- 4 Goldeneye livers
- 400 g fresh chanterelles
- 2 tbsp butter
For the plum chutney
- 300 g fresh yellow plums, pitted
- 10 junipers
- 50 ml vinegar, 6%
- 100 g caster sugar
- 100 ml lingonberries
- a pinch of salt and pepper
How to do it
- Start preparing the chutney. Put all the ingredients in a small pot and cook for 5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Sauté the chanterelles in butter until golden. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- In a hot and dry pan, add a pinch of salt and fry the goldeneye, skin down, until the skin is nice and crisp, approximately 3 minutes. Reduce the heat and turn the breast and add the liver. Fry for 3 minutes, or until cooked to your liking.
- Slice the Goldeneye breasts and serve on top of the chanterelles and a generous amount of plum chutney
This recipe was made as part of the Åland episode.