- 500 g minced moose meat
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 1 handful chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp grainy hot mustard
- Salt and pepper
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 red onion
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 twig fresh tarragon
- 400 g almond potatoes
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 200 ml crème fraiche – for serving
How to do it
- In a large bowl, mix minced moose meat, heavy cream, parsley, thyme and mustard. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape into burgers and grill until medium.
- Peel and cut the yellow and red onions into 2 cm broad slices and grill until nicely charred.
- Place the onions in a bowl and add vinegar, rapeseed oil, sugar and tarragon while the onions are hot. Salt to taste.
- Grate the potatoes finely and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Shape into nice hash browns and fry until golden and crisp in plenty of butter. Salt to taste.
- Serve the burgers with onions, hash browns and crème fraiche.
This recipe was made as part of the Trysil episode.