- 4 pork chops on the bone
- 3 tbsp butter
- 400 g chantarelle mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 4-6 leaves lovage
- 4 figs
- 100 g small seedless blue grapes
- 100 g hot smoked pork (optional)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How to do it
- Gently season the pork and fry with one tablespoon of butter in a pan at medium heat.
- Turn the pork quite often and fry the chops to a golden colour. Add the lovage at the end. To see if they are done, gently cut along the bone to see that the flesh is white and cooked all the way through.
- Let the meat rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Clean the mushrooms and break the leek into rough pieces using your hands. Fry in the remaining butter and season with salt and pepper.
- In a small pot, melt the sugar until golden in colour and then add the vinegar. Be careful as the sugar will be very hot.
- Cook until the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Cut the figs in half and add them and the grapes to the warm mixture.
- Stir and allow cooling down before serving.
This recipe was made as part of the Nordjylland episode.