For the salad
- 1 reindeer heart
- 2 large carrots, approx. 200 g, peeled
- ½ swede, approx.100g, peeled
- 100 ml blueberries or crowberries
- ½ red onion
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
For the dressing
- ½ swede, approx. 100g, peeled and chopped
- 100 ml cloudberries
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp Angelica seed
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
How to do it
- Clean and fry the heart until it’s medium rare in rapeseed oil. Season, to taste, with salt and set aside rest for a few minutes. Cut the heart in thin slices.
- Use a slice mandoline and slice the carrots, the swede and the onion very thin.
- Prepare the dressing. In a pan, add the Angelica seeds, the onion, the swede with the oil. Cook until tender.
- Add vinegar, honey and the cloudberries.
- In a bowl, combine the sliced vegetables and the dressing.
- Serve with the reindeer heart and blueberries or crowberries.
This recipe was made as part of the Jokkmokk episode.