- 500 g thinly sliced reindeer suovas
- 1 yellow onion – sliced
- 1 clove garlic – chopped
- 3 Portobello mushrooms – cut into big pieces
- 1 tbsp butter
- 6 dried junipers – crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp mesost
- 150 ml heavy cream
- 10 brussells sprouts – sliced
- Salt and pepper
How to do it
Start by frying the onion, garlic and Portobello in butter until golden in colour.
Place the mushrooms and onions on a plate.
Heat up the pan and fry the suovas in a little butter on high heat for two or three minutes. Add mushrooms, juniper, mesost, heavy cream and brussells. Cook until nice and creamy. Salt to taste.
Garnish with lingonberries and serve with mashed potatoes or thin soft bread.
This recipe was made as part of the Åre episode.