- 400 g fresh sheep meat of own choice, cut into 5 cm cubes
- 400 g white cabbage, sliced
- 2 white onions, sliced
- 2 twigs of thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 50 ml white wine vinegar
- 200 g smoked sheep sausages or smoked pork
- 200 g potatoes, cut into smaller pieces
- 500 ml light colored stock, chicken or from the cooked meat
- Fresh parsley
- Hot and sweet mustard
How to do it
- Place the meat in a medium size pot and cover with water. Cook until tender, approximately 40 minutes, depending on choice of meat. Salt to taste.
- In a large pot, sauté the cabbage, onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaves in olive oil. Add wine and vinegar. Add the cooked meat, the sausages, potatoes and the stock and cook until the potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve with fresh parley and mustard.
This recipe was made as part of the Bergen episode.