- 8 double lamb chops
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 3 apples, in wedges
- 2 white onions, in wedges
- 8 white tip radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 branches of fresh beach mustard
- 1 bunch of fresh heather weed
How to do it
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the lamb together with the apples and onions until the meat is rare to medium rare. Put the apples and onions in a separate bowl and let the meat rest.
- Smoke the lamb chops in a smoker, using the heather weed. If you don’t have a smoker, it is simple to create one. Use a large pot and place it on a hot plate. Put the heather weed in the pot and set it on fire using a burner (be careful!). Place a lid that fits inside the pot over the burning heather weed. It should cover all the heather weed. Place the lamb on top of the lid and cover the pot with a lid that fits. Smoke for 2–3 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, onions, radishes, vinegar and a few drops of rapeseed oil.
- Serve the smoked lamb chops together with the salad and garnish with beach mustard.
This recipe was made as part of the Bornholm episode.