- 4 slices of dark rye bread
- Butter for cooking
- 4 pheasant breasts
- 4 pheasant liver (optional)
- 50 g dried forest mushrooms
- 100 ml dark beef stock
- 100 ml heavy cream
- 10–12 Brussels sprouts, pealed into leaves
- 4 tbsp lingonberries
How to do it
- Fry the bread in approximately 2 tablespoons of butter until golden and crisp. Remove from pan and leave them to cool.
- In one pan, cook the pheasant breasts, liver and the dried mushrooms on moderate heat in 1–2 tablespoons of butter. Salt to taste. Cook until the breasts are medium rare and then remove the meat and let it rest in a warm place for at least five minutes.
- Add the stock and cream to the pan with the mushrooms and let it all cook until the sauce is rich and creamy. Salt to taste.
- Bring slightly salted water to the boil. Dip the Brussels sprouts peels for 10–15 seconds.
- Serve the pheasant, the creamed mushrooms and Brussels sprouts on top of the rye bread. Garnish with lingonberries.
This recipe was made as part of the Finland South Coast episode.