For the elderflower gel
- 100 ml elderflower cordial
- 100 ml elderflower or apple cider vinegar
- 3 gelatin leaves
For the apple and cress salad
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 1 bunch of watercress
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
For the cod
- 700 g cod, loin – if possible try to get 4 slices of cooked cod roe, 2 pcs of cod liver and 4 fresh cod tongues.
- Butter for cooking
- Salt, to taste
How to do it
- Start with the elderflower gel. Mix the liquids in a bowl and let the gelatin leaves soak until soft. Remove the gelatin from the liquid and melt it in a bain marie or in a pot on slow heat. Pour the gelatin back into the cold liquid and allow to set in the fridge for about 1–2 hours.
- Prepare the salad. Combine apples, vinegar and oil in a bowl. Dress the salad with watercress.
- Cut the cod into portion sizes and cook in a generous amount of butter. Baste the fish continuously until done (approximately 10 minutes). Salt to taste.
- Serve the cod together with the apple salad and some elderflower gel.
This recipe was made as part of the Bergen episode.