- 200 ml milk
- 400 g fresh goat cheese
- 200 g cepes
- 1 small leek or 3 spring onions
- 100 g summer chantarelles
- 100 g funnel chantarelles
- 100 g black trumpet death
- 1 striped beetroot – Chioggia
- 3 carrots in different colours
- 4 small yellow beetroots cooked and peeled
- 100 g smoked pork – bacon
- 1 cob of sweet corn
- 1 twig sweet mace/Texas tarragon
- Butter for frying
- Salt and pepper
How to do it
Bring the milk to a boil in a small pot and add the goat cheese. Stir with a whisk to get a smooth texture. Set aside too cool down. Cut the leek and the cepes in big pieces. Fry until golden in plenty of butter together with the sweet mace. Salt and pepper to taste.
Fry the rest of the mushrooms in butter and salt and pepper to taste. Cut the striped beetroot and the carrots very thin on a mandolin and put the slices in plenty of very cold water. This will make them extra crispy.
Fry the smoked pork in a hot pan until it’s crispy. Cut the kernels off the sweet corn. Use a large platter and start by putting down the goat cheese cream as a base for all other ingredients. Place them on top of the cream and serve the dish with some bread.
This recipe was made as part of the Uppsala episode.