- 400 g salted pork
- 200 g dried split peas (soaked overnight)
- 1½ litres water
- 2 white onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- Sweet strong mustard for serving
How to do it
- Put the pork in a medium size pot and cover with water. Cook until tender, approx. 1 hour. Save the broth for the soup.
- Cook the prepared peas in the water until the peel starts to come off. Stir the peas with a whisk to separate and collect the peel from the peas. Throw away the peels. Repeat until all the peels are out.
- Add the broth from the pork and continue to cook until the peas are nice and soft. Add onion, thyme and a pinch of salt and continue to cook another 3–5 minutes.
- Serve the soup with slices of the cooked pork and a generous tablespoon of mustard.
This recipe was made as part of the Åland episode.