- 1 chioggia beet
- 2 white beets, peeled and cut in wedges
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4–6 pickled rosehips or marinated figs
- 50 ml summer schnapps or 30 ml elderflower cordial
- 200 g fresh goat cheese (chèvre)
- Marigolds and rose petals
How to do it
- Slice the chioggia very thin using a slicing mandoline and put in to ice-cold water.
- Fry the white beet wedges in rapeseed oil on medium heat for approximately 5 minutes – the beets should be al dente. Salt to taste.
- Add pickled rosehips and summer schnapps or elderflower cordial. If using alcohol, flambé (be cautious with the flames).
- Serve the warm beets and rosehips with large pieces of goat cheese and sliced Chioggia.
- Garnish with edible flowers, for example – marigolds and rose petals.
This recipe is made in the Lund episode.